Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My life as a musical




If you have read my bio you know that I tried to make it as a famous singer in Nashville at one point.  I have loved music my whole life.  Started out playing piano, then cello, then flute....realizing with each instrument that I hated practicing and I was not getting any better.  I used to fight for last chair in band....not much was expected of you there.  I then discovered that I could sing, and pretty good, with minimal practicing.  So....choir is where I planted myself.  And I loved it!

When I went to college I joined a band and performed many different places.  Music filled my life.  I would walk to classes with ear buds in my ears, listening to the latest pop artist all the way there, most likely singing aloud as I walked.  I didn't care.  I wanted my life to be a musical where you could just bust out in song the moment you were sad, happy, on your way to a game, with friends....anytime!!  I still think there are times I should have theme music...just sayin!!
                                                      

Anyway, as I have "matured," music has taken on a new form in my life.  I am still surrounded by it throughout the day, and still perform in front of people, but not only is music inspirational to me, it's Spiritual.  God uses music to speak to me SO many times.  I am floored with all the times I am driving in the car, struggling with something, turn on the radio and the song playing is saying EXACTLY the words I need to hear.
                                   God is so cool that way!!

Specifically in my life now, like I discussed in my bio, my husband and I are waiting on God to show us the right job for him in order for me to stay at home with our daughter.  We have been on a roller coaster ride for 6+ months now.  We get excited about one job and then disappointed, and then excited about another job and then disappointed.  We KNOW God has a bigger plan....one that we can not see yet, but waiting is not a skill my husband and I have!!

So, AGAIN, God spoke to me through song.  I sing for my church on most Sunday's and this Sunday the song I am singing is Healer by Kari Jobe.  It's a powerful song!!  But what I know God is telling me through this song is what is said in the bridge.
 
"Nothing is impossible for you,
Nothing is impossible.
Nothing is impossible for you,
You hold my world in Your hands."

I had to giggle last night at practice because we kept going over that part....I mean, kept going over and over that part.  I had to sing it like a million times, okay not that many, but I'm sure God was like...."Sara, get the hint!"

               
So after my "DUH" moment, and no matter how many of those I have this year, God is sovereign!!  Thank goodness, right??  NOTHING is impossible for Him....which is SO hard to wrap my mind around!!  But as I talked about before, we TOGETHER are going to witness God's AMAZING power.  I WILL be home next year with my daughter because I believe that is what God has called me to do, which means my husband WILL have a job that allows me to do so.  I will not let negative nay-sayers diminish God's power.  It may seem like an impossible task, but I CHOOSE to believe!!  So, just as the song says.....

                                           I BELIEVE!!!!
x.o. Sara
                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment