Monday, September 9, 2013

A little about me...

Hello all and welcome to my new blog!!  I am so excited to start blogging and sharing with you all the crazy adventures of my life.  I want to start by sharing some information about me with you.  I have had quiet the adventure of a life up to this point, which I will go into more detail in future posts, but for now I will just give you a small taste.

I was born in Chicago and love everything about the cold and snow.  I ice skated somewhat professionally for 14 years and have many scares and injuries to prove it.  I moved to Texas my junior year in high school, which let me tell you is a difficult thing for a teen, but made good connections at my church which most likely saved me.  I got my Bachelors from Baylor University (Sic Em Bears) in Religion, but had no intent on going into ministry.  My thinking in school is, "Well, I have been in church my whole life and have studied the Bible...how hard could it be?"  IT WAS HARD!  I took Hebrew, Aramaic at the Graduate level and many other religious classes that questioned everything I have ever learned.  But I graduated in 4 years and left with many interesting bits of information under my belt....and yes, knowledge of dead languages to never use again.  :)

Right out of college I got a job as a Private Investigator.  UMM..WHAT?  Yea, I was a PI!  Hence the PI in my blog name.  I will go more into my adventures as a PI later, but there was a reason I became an investigator and also why I quit being one.  I then got a job as a inner city youth worker working with at-risk youth in the 3rd ward of Houston.  I developed programs that helped kids stay off the streets at night and put the Word of God in their hands.  It was great!  While I was there, I recorded a CD in my bosses recording studio and sent it off to labels in LA and Nashville.  Yea, I also sing.  I was in a Christian band all throughout high school and college.  I even sang on KSBJ...for those Houstonians who listen to Christian radio. Anyway, I got to go to LA for an opportunity to sing in front of big name labels, and I also had a independent label in Nashville very interested in recording me.  So, my Dad and I went to Nashville and met with the label and I decided to move to Nashville and give it a shot.  There are many stories about my time in Nashville that I will also post about later, but for now I must move on.  I worked at TGI Fridays and the YMCA in Nashville and sang anywhere I could at night.  I did not become famous, but while I was in Nashville I developed a relationship with a long time friend who was currently stationed in San Diego as a Marine.  We had a long distance relationship for a year, which was not easy, but well worth it.  After about 2 years in Nashville, I came to the conclusion that (1) I was not famous and (2) what I was doing in Nashville I could do back in Houston.  My Marine was also finishing up his time in San Diego and was moving back to Houston...so the timing seemed perfect.  We both moved back to Houston and got engaged a month later.  I started working for the YMCA of Houston and ran a Women's Only gym for awhile.  Then I got a job managing my favorite day spa in Clear Lake, Beyond Beaute!  I worked there while I was getting certified as a teacher, AND while I was planning my wedding....many stress relieving packages were bought and needed during this time!!  Perfect place to be, let me tell you!!  We got married, I got a job as a teacher in special ed, we bought a house, got a dog, I did school online and got my Masters in Special Ed with an emphasis in Deaf Ed, and we were living happily ever after.  Or so I thought....

10 months ago I discovered TRUE happiness!!  Not that being married to my Marine doesn't make me happy...it does, but I never before felt this kind of love AND terror all at once.  I became a MOM!!  My little bug is the cutest girl ever and she is BY FAR the best thing I have EVER done!  
Although my life has been filled with many amazing adventures, being a mom is the only thing I desire to do now.  This year my Marine and I are trying to figure out a way for me to become a stay-at-home mom.  I am still a teacher currently, but being away from my bug all day is heart breaking.  If you stick with me and my blog, you will hopefully see, along with me and my family, the journey God is going to take us on in order to fulfill our dream.  I know without a doubt that God has placed this on my heart, it's just a matter of seeing how He is going to make it all come to fruition.  I hope that as I blog and share my life with you that you are encouraged and excited to see God work in my life and in yours.

Thank you for spending a little time with me and allowing me to open up and show my heart and past adventures.  I will be walking this life with you, as bumpy as it may get, through sad times, happy times, LOTS of funny times and at the end of this year I pray that life looks a lot different.

x.o. Sara  

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! :) it sounds like you have lots of fun things to talk about. The PI stuff sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. Its all pretty new to me, but I am very excited. I love to write and I have a lot of stories...what better of a place to share them with others. :) Thanks for leaving a comment.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh man... I'm looking forward to reading more stories, Sara. I'm so glad I know you. :)

    ReplyDelete