Monday, October 21, 2013

Boo's and Oohh's

This weekend was BEAUTIFUL weather, and because of that, several outings were had by me and my sweet family.  I will try and make this blog post short, but I had so much fun and I want to tell you all about it.

On Saturday my hubby, daughter and myself went to the Houston Zoo.  This being the first true outing that we have had with our daughter to a zoo, we were ready to capture every cute moment.  The Houston Zoo during the month of October has an event called Zoo Boo.  It's fabulous, and there is still time this month to go, so if you haven't tried it out....GO!!   There are so many super cute things for kids, like the Fiesta Mart Pumpkin Patch, where kids get to pick out and paint their own pumpkin.  Which is where I took this super cute pic of my little bug!
         Photo            Photo
            Lady Bug outfit from Kroger

Oh, by the way...kids can wear costumes.  So can parents...but there are rules for y'all.  All costumes must be family friendly AND show your face.  Come on people...it's the zoo...lets not scare the children!!  :)  The zoo also has a great children's petting zoo, which my bug LOVED!  She is an animal lover, especially since we have a dog and cat at home, my parents have two cats and my husband's parents have two dogs.  It's kinda in her blood.  Anyway, when we went into the petting zoo she kept giggling at all the goats and was super excited to pet them.
                             
                  
Needless to say it was a BLAST and we all had fun!!  My bug was a little too young for a lot of what Zoo Boo had to offer, majority of it is for school age kiddos, but even so, it was a great experience for her and we are happy we took her.  The weather couldn't have been more beautiful....did I already mention that??  LOL!!  Go to the zoo if you have time in October!!  If you miss Zoo Boo, then check out Zoo Lights in December.  We will for sure be back for that one also!

On Sunday my hubby and I went to BY FAR the best concert I have ever been to!!  Pitch perfect, amazingly talented, Michael Buble!!  He played at the Toyota Center, and although we had nose bleed seats, his voice was all that mattered!
       Photo: In the nose bleeds, but at the Michael Buble concert...so it's a win regardless!!            photo.JPG
Michael was tiny, but the voice was SO SO big!!  A group called Naturally 7 opened for MB.  They use only their voices to make music, they call it Vocal Play.  The drum sounds they made were very cool, but being so far away from the stage, I couldn't believe that there was not some mic tricks going on.  Who knows?  They were great though.  However, if you really want to hear an awesome A Capella group, check out Straight No Chaser!!  They have a great Christmas CD, just FYI, one of the CD's I have in my car currently!!  Anyway, I digress!!  

Okay, so the opening group was okay, but really everyone just wanted MB.  The concert started at 8PM and MB came out at 9PM.  It was amazing from the 1st song to the last!!!  His voice was exactly like how he sounds on the CD and it wasn't because they were doing something cool with his mic....it's just pure talent people!!  My favorite songs, which there were quite a few, was Haven't Met You Yet and Cry Me A River if I have to pick two!!!  Okay, no one made me pick two, but we also don't have the space for me to write all the songs that he did since all of them were FREAKING A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!

                                              photo.JPG
                                                                Pic of me and my hubby
The only complaint of the weekend was the parking garage situation at the Toyota Center on Sunday.  They for some reason would not take CC....only cash or check, which I think is STUPID...but it caused us to have a poor attitude prior to the concert, especially since the parking attendant dude had a CC machine in his booth and looked as if he swiped the person in front of us CC.  Anyway...word to the wise...if you are going to the Toyota Center for anything and plan to park in the parking garage....bring cash!!  Big thumbs down on that!!

So that was my weekend peeps!!  This next week is pretty low key, but I would love to hear if anyone else went to the concert and their thoughts, OR if you have been to Zoo Boo and have thoughts on that!!  Have a super week!!

x.o. Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment